Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Treasures from an Elgin Antique Shop

Before I headed back to school, I stopped by Elgin to visit one of my college roommates and to spend time with her and her family. Elgin, a suburb of Chicago, is one of my favorite places to visit.

My friend Laura grew up in Elgin and showed me around downtown. We stopped at an antique shop where she found this.

I LOVE buttons!!! I probably would put them on every card, but since they are expensive, I use them sparingly. Good buttons are hard to find. When Laura stumbled upon this jar of buttons, I knew right away it was a treasure. The jar had red, white a few pink and black buttons, which was perfect for Valentine's Day cards. 


Some of the buttons were dirty or dull so I soaked the buttons for a few minutes in soapy water. I wiped them off with a paper towel and they looked like new. Here are a couple of my favorite buttons from the jar. 

I can't wait to make cards with these buttons. Check back for pictures of the cards I make with them.

Til next time... Happy Crafting! 


No comments:

Post a Comment