Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sewing my First Apron

A year ago my aunt gave me her sewing machine, and ever since then I have been wanting to learn how to sew. I took a class at Joann that was good at teaching me the basics. I tried sewing a few drawstring bags. I eventually abandoned sewing to give more time to card making and school. This Christmas break I wanted to sew something and improve my sewing skills.

My mother knows how to sew and made me a few dresses when I was a kid. She helped me pick out a McCall Simple Stitch pattern for an apron. She helped me sew my first apron.








I sewed the pocket and the tie strings. Check out the finished the product. I love my apron and can't wait to cook in it. I'm going to make a couple to give as Christmas gifts. I figure if I have a project that will motivate me to keep sewing:)



I hope you enjoyed this post. Happy Crafting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment