Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shop Local: Visit Sweet Saturday

Since becoming a handmade artist a couple of years ago, I have made a greater effort to shop locally. Last week, I bought a new pair of running shoes from a locally owned shop, Run n' Fun, in St. Paul. I enjoyed seeing customers being greeted by name by employees in the store and seeing clippings from the local newspaper of runners.

During the summer, I look forward to buying fresh vegetables at the Farmer's Market. Knowing that my dollars are staying within my community and helping someone make a living by doing something they love - brings joy to my heart. My purchases are more than an exchange of paper bills for products. 

The sense of shopping local is something on the mind of more and more of today's customers. 

If you live in the Twin Cities, consider attending Sweet Saturday on Feb. 2 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Local artists will be selling jewelry, cards, paintings and more at the Local D'Lish at 209 N. 1st Street in Minneapolis. I'll be there so stop by and hi. 

You can find out more information about the event here: https://www.facebook.com/events/447084905357439/


No comments:

Post a Comment