Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Natural Beauty Products made with Yogurt

I read several blog posts about all of the neat beauty products you can make with yogurt, and I wanted to try some out. I headed to Target a couple of weeks ago and picked up a big tub of plain yogurt and got to getting. The tub was only a couple of dollars, which made making goodies more appealing.

I've read that Greek yogurt is better than plain yogurt because it has more protein, which is good for your hair. I decided to start with plain yogurt because it was cheaper.


The first thing I made was a honey yogurt mask that I found on Pinterest.




This was a success. It was easy to make and love honey and what it does for my face and honey. The smell is wonderful and makes one crave something sweet and yummy to make.


Yogurt is also good as a deep conditioner. I put about 3-4 spoonfuls of yogurt in an old deep conditioner container and poured olive oil on top. I stirred with a fork to smooth and applied to my hair starting at the scalp. I left the conditioner sit on my hair for 15-20 minutes. My hair approved. My curls were soft and defined. I make up a couple of batches and stuck in the freezer so that I wouldn't lose any of the yogurt before it spoils. No pictures for the deep conditioner.


The last thing I made was a oatmeal yogurt face mask. I put oatmeal in a coffee grinder until it had a flour like consistency and the put on my face for about 25 minutes. I loved the texture and smell. After I washed it off, my face felt dry but that may have been because I hadn't washed my face yet:( I'm going to try it again and see how it goes. It smelled lovely.


Hope you enjoy these ideas. I love how food products can be used for my hair and body. That means less stuff for me to buy.

Want to see more of the natural beauty concoctions that I am trying? Follow my board on Pinterest.

Have a good day!

Yours Sincerely,
Chasity

No comments:

Post a Comment