Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Process: Card making

Sympathy cards probably are the hardest to make. I think sympathy cards should be simple in design and in warm colors appropriate for the occasion. I tend to avoid bows and buttons in my sympathy cards. 
Although they are difficult to make, sympathy cards are very much needed for a person who is mourning. 
Here’s a step by step process for how I made this card. 
I started with a blank pre-folded white card and stamped a pattern along the edge. I used Close to my Heart Creme Brulee. I like Close to My Heart inks pads because the colors are vibrant and don’t fade easily. 


I cut out a patterned piece of paper and adhered it to purple card stock. 


I stamped ‘With Sympathy’ in embossing ink and covered with brown embossing powder. 


The paper I stamped the sentiment on is the back side of the patterned paper. I love double sided papers. They take a lot of the guess work out. Finding coordinating papers can be tricky. It also reduces how much paper I have to buy and waste because I have fewer papers. It also helps with organization. 

I adhered the sentiment on purple card stock and adhered to the front of the card. 

I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card.


Now I’m done. 
Thanks for reading. Take care.
Yours Sincerely
Chasity 

No comments:

Post a Comment